Hi! I’m Keith Ito, a software engineer in sunny San Diego.
My interests include data visualization, mobile apps, and machine learning. But mostly, I just like writing and shipping software. I'm currently building Scaniverse, an app that lets you capture and share your world in 3D.
Fun stuff I’ve built, with friends
- Scaniverse, an app to capture, edit and share in 3D with LiDAR.
- PopPic, a 3D photography app.
- LJ Speech, a public-domain speech data set.
- Bitesnap, a smart photo food journal.
- Clarifai's mobile client libraries for computer vision.
- The Mirror API, for syncing content with Google Glass.
- Navigation and Geographic Services for Google Glass.
- The 3D Vector Engine for Google Maps for Mobile.
- Google Maps Navigation, the turn-by-turn GPS directions app.
- The map tile renderer for Google Maps.
- SwiftMaskDetection, a face mask detection library for iOS.
- CVKey, a tool to help communities reopen responsibly during the COVID-19 pandemic without compromising privacy.
- An open-source implementation of Tacotron speech synthesis.
- Forevery, a photo organization and search app (RIP).
- Terrain View in Google Maps.
You can reach me at kito@.