Hi! I’m Keith Ito, a software engineer in sunny San Diego.
My interests include data visualization, mobile apps, and machine learning. But mostly, I just like writing code that people (hopefully) find useful.
Fun stuff I’ve built, with friends
- The map renderer for Google Maps.
- Google Maps Navigation, the turn-by-turn GPS directions app.
- The 3D Vector Engine for Google Maps for Mobile.
- Navigation and Geographic Services for Google Glass.
- The Mirror API, for syncing content with Google Glass.
- Clarifai's mobile client libraries for computer vision.
- Bitesnap, a smart photo food journal.
- PopPic, an app for capturing, viewing, and sharing 3D photos.
Various other projects
- Terrain View in Google Maps.
- Network Graph Visualization in Fusion Tables.
- Depth Mesh, a 3D renderer for lens blur photos.
- Forevery, a photo organization and search app (RIP).
- An open-source implementation of Tacotron speech synthesis.
- LJ Speech, a public-domain speech data set.
- CVKey, a tool to help communities reopen responsibly during the COVID-19 pandemic without compromising privacy.
- SwiftMaskDetection, a face mask detection library for iOS.
- Scaniverse. Coming soon. Real soon.
You can reach me at kito@.